Project responsibility for planning, development and execution of technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing and coordinating project team assignments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works in tandem with designers to coordinate design development and construction documents.
- Advanced understanding of planning, programming and design principles and methods.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Directs production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans and details, insuring quality control and completion.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress of construction
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the PRDG standards and Project Delivery Manual
- May establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan with project manager.
- Directs or coordinates production of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides documentation in collaboration with Project Manager.
- May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations.
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.